New Jersey News
Police search for man they say burned ex with oil
NEWARK, N.J. -- Authorities in northern New Jersey are searching for a man they say doused his ex-wife with hot oil as she slept.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office says an arrest warrant has been issued for 47-year-old Byron Stokely of Irvington.
Police say Stokely allegedly threw a pot of hot water mixed with oil on his ex-wife while she slept on March 29.
The prosecutor's office says the woman was badly burned on her face and upper body and remains hospitalized.
Police say Stokely also allegedly stole the victim's house keys and vehicle, which he used to leave the scene.
The vehicle has since been recovered.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Essex County Prosecutor's office.
new jersey, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 47 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 36 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 53 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos