New Jersey News
Bayonne police crack down on jitney operators
BAYONNE -- Police in Bayonne are cracking down on jitney operators and other bus carriers.
Public Safety Director Jason O'Donnell tells The Jersey Journal that 169 summonses have been issued recently. They have been for moving violations, city ordinance violations and equipment issues.
A city spokesman says one jitney has been impounded and six more were taken out of service.
A Motor Vehicle Commission inspection unit also conducted inspections and issued 118 citations for equipment violations. Twenty-eight jitneys were taken off the road as a result.
new jersey, bayonne, new jersey news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 27 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 41 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 18 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos