New Jersey News
Police hunt driver in deadly New Jersey hit and run
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the driver responsible for a fatal hit and run accident in New Jersey.
It happened early Saturday morning on Williams Avenue, at the border of Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi.
It's believed the car was travelling eastbound towards Route 17 when 31-year-old Vladimir Artavia of Lodi was crossing the street was struck and killed. He was just leaving work from a nearby restaurant.
Investigators say it was a four-door Honda Accord with a model year between 2008-2012. They also have a piece of a wheel well that was left behind.
Police from Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi as well as the Bergen County Prosecutor's office and the Bergen County Sheriff's Department are all on the scene investigating.
His family says that Artavia came to the U.S. from Costa Rica 10 years ago.
new jersey, lodi, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos