New Jersey News
Brush fires break out in New Jersey
MOUNT OLIVE (WABC) -- Multiple brush fires burned in parts of New Jersey on Monday.
One of the fires continued to burn late Monday afternoon along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
This fire was not far from Route 46, I-80 and New Jersey Transit tracks, but no delays were immediately reported.
Firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013