New Jersey News
Christie designates April as 'Donate Life' Month
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Governor Chris Christie is raising awareness about the life-saving importance of organ donation.
He's designated April as "Donate Life" month in New Jersey.
Governor Christie is a registered donor himself, and anyone can sign up to be one, regardless of age or medical history.
Health officials say the need for organ transplants and a shortage of donors affects people of all ethnic backgrounds.
For more information please visit:
new jersey, chris christie, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013