New Jersey News
Woman, 85, thwarts pigeon scam targeting elderly in New Jersey
LEONIA (WABC) -- Police in Leonia, New Jersey, say an 85-year-old woman was sharp enough to dodge a scam and then help police track down the scammers.
Authorities arrested Norman Gladney and Cheryl Lewis, both of the Bronx, who allegedly already had a second elderly woman in their car.
Police say the two were trying to get the woman's bank information for what's called a pigeon scam.
They had a bank bag filled with stacks of money, with $100 bills on each end and $1 bills in between.
Gladney and Lewis are charged with conspiracy to commit theft by deception.
new jersey, scams, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 48 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 46 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 45 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 46 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
46 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos