New Jersey News
More brush fires break out in New Jersey
KEARNY (WABC) -- Dry conditions and warm temperatures helped to fuel more brush fires in New Jersey.
One fire burned on Tuesday afternoon along Route 7 in Kearny. Two more could be seen along the New Jersey Turnpike in Carlstadt, near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop.
It's been a busy couple of days for firefighters in New Jersey.
Another brush fire burned Monday along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
In that case, firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
The fires were all put out by Tuesday evening.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97