New Jersey News
More brush fires break out in New Jersey
KEARNY (WABC) -- Dry conditions and warm temperatures helped to fuel more brush fires in New Jersey.
One fire burned on Tuesday afternoon along Route 7 in Kearny. Two more could be seen along the New Jersey Turnpike in Carlstadt, near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop.
It's been a busy couple of days for firefighters in New Jersey.
Another brush fire burned Monday along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
In that case, firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
The fires were all put out by Tuesday evening.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures