New Jersey News
2 Newark cops hurt when cruisers collide during chase
NEWARK (WABC) -- Two Newark police officers are in the hospital Monday after their cruisers colliding while chasing a suspect.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Clinton Avenue and 21st Street while the officers were both chasing the driver of a white pickup truck.
The truck was found abandoned nearby on Harrison Place, and two guns were found inside.
The officers were taken to University Hospital in Newark with injuries.
It was not immediately known why police were attempting to pull over the pickup truck.
new jersey, newark, police officer injured, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 33 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 38 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 36 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
33 min ago