New Jersey News
2 Newark cops hurt when cruisers collide during chase
NEWARK (WABC) -- Two Newark police officers are in the hospital Monday after their cruisers colliding while chasing a suspect.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Clinton Avenue and 21st Street while the officers were both chasing the driver of a white pickup truck.
The truck was found abandoned nearby on Harrison Place, and two guns were found inside.
The officers were taken to University Hospital in Newark with injuries.
It was not immediately known why police were attempting to pull over the pickup truck.
new jersey, newark, police officer injured, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97