New Jersey News
2 Newark cops hurt when cruisers collide during chase
NEWARK (WABC) -- Two Newark police officers are in the hospital Monday after their cruisers colliding while chasing a suspect.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Clinton Avenue and 21st Street while the officers were both chasing the driver of a white pickup truck.
The truck was found abandoned nearby on Harrison Place, and two guns were found inside.
The officers were taken to University Hospital in Newark with injuries.
It was not immediately known why police were attempting to pull over the pickup truck.
new jersey, newark, police officer injured, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 18 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 8 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos