New Jersey News
Howell dentist accused of putting camera in bathroom
HOWELL (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have arrested a dentist who allegedly put a motion-activated video camera in the patient restroom.
Authorities say Dr. Scott Meltzer was taken into custody at his Howell office, located in Candlewood Commons, last Wednesday.
The investigation revealed that Dr. Meltzer set up a "Nanny Cam"-style covert camera aimed toward the toilet and may have recorded any person that used the restroom.
That camera is believed to have been installed after business hours on Thursday April 4.
Five victims have been identified so far, meaning Meltzer is presently charged with five counts of third-degree invasion of privacy.
Computers and other computer-type equipment were seized from the office, and those items will be turned over to the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office Computer Crimes Unit for examination. If images are located and additional victims are identified, there will be additional charges filed.
Anyone who was in Dr. Meltzer's Office between Friday, April 5, and Wednesday, April 10, AND used the patient restroom is asked to please contact police at 732-938-4575.
new jersey, howell, arrest, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 20 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 4 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 3 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 1 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 20 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
20 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
1 min ago