New Jersey News
Howell dentist accused of putting camera in bathroom
HOWELL (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have arrested a dentist who allegedly put a motion-activated video camera in the patient restroom.
Authorities say Dr. Scott Meltzer was taken into custody at his Howell office, located in Candlewood Commons, last Wednesday.
The investigation revealed that Dr. Meltzer set up a "Nanny Cam"-style covert camera aimed toward the toilet and may have recorded any person that used the restroom.
That camera is believed to have been installed after business hours on Thursday April 4.
Five victims have been identified so far, meaning Meltzer is presently charged with five counts of third-degree invasion of privacy.
Computers and other computer-type equipment were seized from the office, and those items will be turned over to the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office Computer Crimes Unit for examination. If images are located and additional victims are identified, there will be additional charges filed.
Anyone who was in Dr. Meltzer's Office between Friday, April 5, and Wednesday, April 10, AND used the patient restroom is asked to please contact police at 732-938-4575.
new jersey, howell, arrest, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos