New Jersey News
Clifton teacher admits sexual contact with student
PATERSON -- A northern New Jersey teacher has pleaded guilty to having criminal sexual contact with a 16-year-old male student.
Kristin Leone faces one year in jail and five years of probation when she's sentenced under terms of a plea agreement in June. The 27-year-old will be prohibited from working for the state, must surrender several teaching certificates and register as a sex offender under Megan's law.
Leone was the boy's social studies teacher at Clifton High School.
She said the boy placed her hand on his genitals in school and she kept it there for her own gratification and she also placed her hand on his genitals at her apartment.
The boy's mother told The Record newspaper her son has suffered emotionally.
new jersey, clifton, paterson, teacher arrested, sex, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow for some 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops St. Patrick's Day parade sponsorship 12 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos