New Jersey News
Clifton teacher admits sexual contact with student
PATERSON -- A northern New Jersey teacher has pleaded guilty to having criminal sexual contact with a 16-year-old male student.
Kristin Leone faces one year in jail and five years of probation when she's sentenced under terms of a plea agreement in June. The 27-year-old will be prohibited from working for the state, must surrender several teaching certificates and register as a sex offender under Megan's law.
Leone was the boy's social studies teacher at Clifton High School.
She said the boy placed her hand on his genitals in school and she kept it there for her own gratification and she also placed her hand on his genitals at her apartment.
The boy's mother told The Record newspaper her son has suffered emotionally.
new jersey, clifton, paterson, teacher arrested, sex, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 3 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 36 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos