New Jersey News
Pregnant woman and son injured by car while crossing street
RIGEWOOD, New Jersey (WABC) -- A pregnant woman and her son were injured after being stuck in an intersection in Ridgewood, New Jersey on Thursday.
Police say the mother, her son and daughter were crossing Godwin Avenue when two of them were struck by a car turning onto the street. The daughter, who was being pushed in a stroller was not injured.
The boy suffered an injured right foot, and the pregnant woman, who complained of pain were taken to an area hospital.
The car that struck them remained on the scene, and the accident is under investigation.
Police say the driver did not see the three crossing the street.
They remind motorists that the law is cars are supposed to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
new jersey, new jersey news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos