New Jersey News
Pregnant woman and son injured by car while crossing street
RIGEWOOD, New Jersey (WABC) -- A pregnant woman and her son were injured after being stuck in an intersection in Ridgewood, New Jersey on Thursday.
Police say the mother, her son and daughter were crossing Godwin Avenue when two of them were struck by a car turning onto the street. The daughter, who was being pushed in a stroller was not injured.
The boy suffered an injured right foot, and the pregnant woman, who complained of pain were taken to an area hospital.
The car that struck them remained on the scene, and the accident is under investigation.
Police say the driver did not see the three crossing the street.
They remind motorists that the law is cars are supposed to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
new jersey, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident