New Jersey News
1 dead, police officer hurt in NJ trailer park fire
Sunday, April 28, 2013
HOWELL, N.J. -- One resident was killed and a police officer was hospitalized after a fire broke out at a central New Jersey trailer park.
Howell Township police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/ZHikjj) that the fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Oak Hill Trailer Park. But witnesses say firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The person who lived in the trailer where the fire occurred was pronounced dead at the scene, but further details were not disclosed. No other park residents were injured. Howell police officer John Lopez suffered smoke inhalation and was being treated at a hospital, but he was expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, fire, fire death, howell, police officer injured, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
Eyewitness News Links