New Jersey News
Benches-clearing brawl ends school baseball game
Sunday, April 28, 2013
LITTLE SILVER, N.J. -- A benches-clearing brawl during a high school baseball game in central New Jersey ended with both teams getting ejected and a parent facing a simple assault charge for allegedly attacking a player.
The Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/18aeezI) reports that Saturday morning's brawl started when a Red Bank Regional player tried to score on a bunt play and collided with the Rumson-Fair Haven Regional catcher. The two players began fighting and other players from both sides soon joined in. During the scuffle, authorities say a 49-year-old Rumson man went on to the field and attacked a Red Bank player, who was not seriously injured. The game was tied at 1-1 when the fight broke out. After order was restored, the umpires immediately ended the contest. ___
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, brawl, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 13 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 38 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos