New Jersey News
Explosives found in Edison teen's home
EDISON, N.J. (WABC) -- A teenager in New Jersey was arrested after police say they found explosives in his home.
Investigators say they searched the 16-year-old's home after several bomb threats were made toward Edison High School.
They say the teen is not connected to those threats, but they found shotgun shells and homemade explosives.
Police say a "possible tragedy was thwarted."
The boy was released to a family member. His name was not released because he's a juvenile.
new jersey, edison, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation