New Jersey News
3-alarm fire tears through 3 homes in Paterson
PATERSON (WABC) -- A fast-moving third-alarm fire tore through one home and spread to two others in New Jersey early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roof of the home on Rosa Parks Boulevard in Paterson just after 3:30 a.m.
The fire started in an unoccupied home before it jumped to two neighboring structures.
Firefighters were pouring huge amounts of water on the fire in a purely exterior attack, and the center building, which was occupied, appears to have suffered extensive damage.
Constance Washington, who lived in the middle building, described the chaotic scene she woke up to.
"My brother woke us up, yelling, 'The house is on fire!'" she said. "And when he said the house was on fire, I looked at the dining room, and all I could see was that house on the corner is on fire. And everything from the kitchen, you could see all the fire coming in."
All the residents - five adults, three children and two dogs - were able to escape the flames safely, and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but it has been deemed suspicious because it erupted in the occupied home.
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- 2 killed in Queens motorcycle accident 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 49 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
46 min ago