New Jersey News
Plea deal expected in cop's death outside Paterson strip club
NEWARK (WABC) -- A possible plea deal is in the works for a suspect in the killing of a Newark police detective.
Officer Michael Morgan, 32, was off duty when he was shot to death outside a strip club in Paterson in 2011.
He was attending a friend's birthday celebration, reportedly walking a dancer to her car.
A judge is expected to accept a plea agreement for alleged shooter Jerome Wright.
Wright's girlfriend, Nashali Gadson, is expected to plead guilty to a robbery charge connected to the shooting.
The pair allegedly tried to rob the dancer, when Morgan intervened.
new jersey, newark, paterson, police officer killed, new jersey news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 40 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos