New Jersey News
Plea deal expected in cop's death outside Paterson strip club
NEWARK (WABC) -- A possible plea deal is in the works for a suspect in the killing of a Newark police detective.
Officer Michael Morgan, 32, was off duty when he was shot to death outside a strip club in Paterson in 2011.
He was attending a friend's birthday celebration, reportedly walking a dancer to her car.
A judge is expected to accept a plea agreement for alleged shooter Jerome Wright.
Wright's girlfriend, Nashali Gadson, is expected to plead guilty to a robbery charge connected to the shooting.
The pair allegedly tried to rob the dancer, when Morgan intervened.
new jersey, newark, paterson, police officer killed, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97