New Jersey News
Brush fire burning out of control in Roxbury
ROXBURY (WABC) -- Firefighters are battling a raging brush fire in New Jersey Wednesday morning.
The flames initially broke out at the Nature's Choice Corporation, located at 1405 Route 46 in Roxbury, Morris County, around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Company officials say their employees were maintaining the burn until they lost control around 4 a.m. Wednesda.
The burning mulch sent plumes of smoke billowing over the roadway.
And with only a light wind, the smoke is just hanging over area like a blanket.
Route 46 completely is covered by smoke near where it merges with Route 10. Commuters traveling along Route 80 between exits 28 and 30 are also experiencing limited visibility.
There is no word on when the fire is expected to be brought under control, and it was expected to continue to smolder for a significant period of time.
new jersey, morris county, roxbury, brush fire, fire, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos