New Jersey News
Brush fire burning out of control in Roxbury
ROXBURY (WABC) -- Firefighters are battling a raging brush fire in New Jersey Wednesday morning.
The flames initially broke out at the Nature's Choice Corporation, located at 1405 Route 46 in Roxbury, Morris County, around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Company officials say their employees were maintaining the burn until they lost control around 4 a.m. Wednesda.
The burning mulch sent plumes of smoke billowing over the roadway.
And with only a light wind, the smoke is just hanging over area like a blanket.
Route 46 completely is covered by smoke near where it merges with Route 10. Commuters traveling along Route 80 between exits 28 and 30 are also experiencing limited visibility.
There is no word on when the fire is expected to be brought under control, and it was expected to continue to smolder for a significant period of time.
new jersey, morris county, roxbury, brush fire, fire, new jersey news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 5 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 19 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 34 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos