New Jersey News
Daycare worker accused of abusing 2 toddlers in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY -- Prosecutors have filed child abuse and child endangerment charges against a northern New Jersey daycare center worker who allegedly injured two toddlers.
Bail was set Wednesday at $100,000 for 26-year-old Ann Bactawar of Jersey City. She faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charges.
Prosecutors say Bactawar allegedly upended a boy who was standing on a box at the Sunnyside Academy Daycare Center in Jersey City. Authorities were contacted after a center administrator showed the boy's father a video of the incident.
Further investigation led authorities to charge Bactawar with the abuse of another boy at the center. Prosecutors say the toddlers suffered bruises, cuts and bleeding.
Bactawar did not enter a plea during a brief court appearance on Wednesday.
arrest, child abuse, jersey city, new jersey, new jersey news
- LIRR restored with delays after person struck 8 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 20 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 56 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 39 min ago
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 2 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat 23 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
56 min ago