New Jersey News
Daycare worker accused of abusing 2 toddlers in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY -- Prosecutors have filed child abuse and child endangerment charges against a northern New Jersey daycare center worker who allegedly injured two toddlers.
Bail was set Wednesday at $100,000 for 26-year-old Ann Bactawar of Jersey City. She faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charges.
Prosecutors say Bactawar allegedly upended a boy who was standing on a box at the Sunnyside Academy Daycare Center in Jersey City. Authorities were contacted after a center administrator showed the boy's father a video of the incident.
Further investigation led authorities to charge Bactawar with the abuse of another boy at the center. Prosecutors say the toddlers suffered bruises, cuts and bleeding.
Bactawar did not enter a plea during a brief court appearance on Wednesday.
arrest, child abuse, jersey city, new jersey, new jersey news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 51 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
26 min ago