New Jersey News
Daycare worker accused of abusing 2 toddlers in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY -- Prosecutors have filed child abuse and child endangerment charges against a northern New Jersey daycare center worker who allegedly injured two toddlers.
Bail was set Wednesday at $100,000 for 26-year-old Ann Bactawar of Jersey City. She faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charges.
Prosecutors say Bactawar allegedly upended a boy who was standing on a box at the Sunnyside Academy Daycare Center in Jersey City. Authorities were contacted after a center administrator showed the boy's father a video of the incident.
Further investigation led authorities to charge Bactawar with the abuse of another boy at the center. Prosecutors say the toddlers suffered bruises, cuts and bleeding.
Bactawar did not enter a plea during a brief court appearance on Wednesday.
arrest, child abuse, jersey city, new jersey, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 57 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 2 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall