New Jersey News
Two planes clip each other at Newark Airport
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- The Port Authority says two planes clipped each other on the tarmac at Newark Liberty International Airport Wednesday evening.
The incident happened at around 7:30 p.m.
It involved United ExpressJet Flight 4226 headed for Nashville and Scandinavian Airlines Flight 908 headed to Oslo, Norway.
The planes were taxiing for departure when the left wing of the Scandinavian Air plane clipped the tail of the United ExpressJet.
Both planes went back to their gates. The passengers on the United flight were put on another plane and are en route for Nashville.
Scandinavian Air is making accommodations for their passengers.
No injuries were reported.
The SAS plane was an Airbus A330. The United Express plane was an Embraer 145.
ExpressJet released a statement saying:
"ExpressJet Flight 4226, operating as United Express, from Newark (EWR) to Nashville (BNA) was on the taxiway in EWR when its tail was contacted by another aircraft. All 31 passengers deplaned the aircraft normally and were bused to the terminal where they are being re-accommodated. ExpressJet is working in coordination with officials to determine the cause."
new jersey, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, newark, plane crash, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 28 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos