New Jersey News
Repairs complete on Hoboken water main break
HOBOKEN (WABC) -- United Water emergency crews have completed repairs to a 24 inch water main in Hoboken.
Crews have been working around the clock to get the water to stop flowing out of the 24 inch main on Newark and Jackson Streets. It was ruptured Thursday afternoon by a contractor using a large saw. United Water's emergency crews installed a line stop, an inflatable rubber device, which stopped the flow of water so crews could make the repair to the leaking water main. The break forced the closure of streets, creating a traffic nightmare.
For Hoboken residents who just last month endured four water main and pipe breaks, they say enough is enough.
"I could barely get to work today, and the water was messed up. It was this brown gross looking color," a resident said.
"It took me about an hour to go about a mile," another resident said.
"To come here it took us three hours and it usually takes 45 minutes," a Hoboken resident said. Eyewitness News Web producer Scott Curkin lives a block away from the break.
He says his water is discolored and he's frustrated.
If Superstorm Sandy wasn't enough, now he's dealing with water main breaks.
This water main break is the sixth water-related problem in Hoboken since March 28th.
new jersey, hoboken, water main break, water, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 22 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 12 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos