New Jersey News
Repairs complete on Hoboken water main break
HOBOKEN (WABC) -- United Water emergency crews have completed repairs to a 24 inch water main in Hoboken.
Crews have been working around the clock to get the water to stop flowing out of the 24 inch main on Newark and Jackson Streets. It was ruptured Thursday afternoon by a contractor using a large saw. United Water's emergency crews installed a line stop, an inflatable rubber device, which stopped the flow of water so crews could make the repair to the leaking water main. The break forced the closure of streets, creating a traffic nightmare.
For Hoboken residents who just last month endured four water main and pipe breaks, they say enough is enough.
"I could barely get to work today, and the water was messed up. It was this brown gross looking color," a resident said.
"It took me about an hour to go about a mile," another resident said.
"To come here it took us three hours and it usually takes 45 minutes," a Hoboken resident said. Eyewitness News Web producer Scott Curkin lives a block away from the break.
He says his water is discolored and he's frustrated.
If Superstorm Sandy wasn't enough, now he's dealing with water main breaks.
This water main break is the sixth water-related problem in Hoboken since March 28th.
new jersey, hoboken, water main break, water, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 20 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 22 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
20 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
22 min ago