New Jersey News
Repairs complete on Hoboken water main break
HOBOKEN (WABC) -- United Water emergency crews have completed repairs to a 24 inch water main in Hoboken.
Crews have been working around the clock to get the water to stop flowing out of the 24 inch main on Newark and Jackson Streets. It was ruptured Thursday afternoon by a contractor using a large saw. United Water's emergency crews installed a line stop, an inflatable rubber device, which stopped the flow of water so crews could make the repair to the leaking water main. The break forced the closure of streets, creating a traffic nightmare.
For Hoboken residents who just last month endured four water main and pipe breaks, they say enough is enough.
"I could barely get to work today, and the water was messed up. It was this brown gross looking color," a resident said.
"It took me about an hour to go about a mile," another resident said.
"To come here it took us three hours and it usually takes 45 minutes," a Hoboken resident said. Eyewitness News Web producer Scott Curkin lives a block away from the break.
He says his water is discolored and he's frustrated.
If Superstorm Sandy wasn't enough, now he's dealing with water main breaks.
This water main break is the sixth water-related problem in Hoboken since March 28th.
new jersey, hoboken, water main break, water, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 47 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 48 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- What caused fire that killed 2 4-year-old...
54 min ago
- Brooklyn man killed after parachute...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
15 min ago
- Runners return to Boston one year after...
54 min ago