New Jersey News
2 dead in crash on I-78 in Newark
Sunday, May 05, 2013
NEWARK (WABC) -- Two people were killed early Sunday morning in a car accident on Interstate 78 in Newark.
Police say the driver of a Chevy Cobalt traveling in the eastbound lalne lost control of his vehicle at about 12:30 a.m. The car struck and mounted a left lane curb, then went across a grass median where it struck a concrete fence and overturned. The driver and his female passenger were trapped inside. Newark Fire Department, rescue and paramedic teams responded and extricated the victims, but they were pronounced dead at the scene. The two have been identified as 27-year old Diego Ayoso of Kearny and his passenger, 42-year old Celinda Cuichta of East Brunswick.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, newark, accident, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
Eyewitness News Links