New Jersey News
2 dead in crash on I-78 in Newark
Sunday, May 05, 2013
NEWARK (WABC) -- Two people were killed early Sunday morning in a car accident on Interstate 78 in Newark.
Police say the driver of a Chevy Cobalt traveling in the eastbound lalne lost control of his vehicle at about 12:30 a.m. The car struck and mounted a left lane curb, then went across a grass median where it struck a concrete fence and overturned. The driver and his female passenger were trapped inside. Newark Fire Department, rescue and paramedic teams responded and extricated the victims, but they were pronounced dead at the scene. The two have been identified as 27-year old Diego Ayoso of Kearny and his passenger, 42-year old Celinda Cuichta of East Brunswick.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, newark, accident, new jersey news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links