New Jersey News
Newark crash injures 2 adults and 8 kids, 3 critically
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a serious car accident in New Jersey that left eight children and two adults injured, three of them critically.
The one-car crash happened just before 1:30 a.m. on Irvine Turner Boulevard, where a Dodge Neon struck a tree.
All 10 passengers were injured and trapped inside the vehicle.
The eight children in the car were between the ages of 1½ to 17 years old.
Three of the children are in critical condition
A 31-year-old man is in stable condition and a 30-year-old female is hospitalized as well. Her condition is not yet known.
Police are trying to determine the relationship between the unmarried couple and the eight children.
Investigators have not determined the cause or contributing factors to the accident, and no charges have been filed at this time.
new jersey, newark, accident, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 27 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97