New Jersey News
Carjacker on the run after pedestrian struck in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A suspected carjacker is on the run after hitting a pedestrian in Newark Monday morning.
The incident happened on Helen Place, just off of Sanford Avenue, around 5:30 a.m.
Police say the suspect, driving what is believed to be a stolen vehicle, attempted to carjack the victim in his driveway.
When the man attempted to stop the suspect from stealing his blue SUV, he was struck and subsequently pinned between the vehicle and a fence, sustaining life threatening injuries.
The suspect exited the SUV and returned to the stolen auto and fled the scene.
Police are canvassing the area.
The victim was transported to UMDNJ, where he is listed serious but stable condition.
new jersey, newark, carjacking, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 48 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 41 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act