New Jersey News
Carjacker on the run after pedestrian struck in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A suspected carjacker is on the run after hitting a pedestrian in Newark Monday morning.
The incident happened on Helen Place, just off of Sanford Avenue, around 5:30 a.m.
Police say the suspect, driving what is believed to be a stolen vehicle, attempted to carjack the victim in his driveway.
When the man attempted to stop the suspect from stealing his blue SUV, he was struck and subsequently pinned between the vehicle and a fence, sustaining life threatening injuries.
The suspect exited the SUV and returned to the stolen auto and fled the scene.
Police are canvassing the area.
The victim was transported to UMDNJ, where he is listed serious but stable condition.
new jersey, newark, carjacking, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 8 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 34 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos