New Jersey News
Carjacker on the run after pedestrian struck in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A suspected carjacker is on the run after hitting a pedestrian in Newark Monday morning.
The incident happened on Helen Place, just off of Sanford Avenue, around 5:30 a.m.
Police say the suspect, driving what is believed to be a stolen vehicle, attempted to carjack the victim in his driveway.
When the man attempted to stop the suspect from stealing his blue SUV, he was struck and subsequently pinned between the vehicle and a fence, sustaining life threatening injuries.
The suspect exited the SUV and returned to the stolen auto and fled the scene.
Police are canvassing the area.
The victim was transported to UMDNJ, where he is listed serious but stable condition.
new jersey, newark, carjacking, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 51 min ago
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer 37 min ago
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013