New Jersey News
Day care center vandalized in Elizabeth
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Swastikas and satanic markings were found spray painted on a day care center in New Jersey.
Police are investigating it as a possible hate crime.
The founder of the "New Hope Memorial Child Care Center" in Elizabeth says the hate-filled graffiti was discovered over the weekend on the center's building and vans.
He is taking the vandalism as a threat.
"I dare not take this lightly. I take it as some type of target to me, to my church, my day care center, the community, the National Action Network, I don't know where to really put my finger on it," said Steffie Bartley, the vandalism victim.
Day care owner Steffie Bartley is also pastor of the New Hope Baptist Church.
He was also just appointed a board member of Al Sharpton's National Action Network.
He's wondering if that's why his property was targeted.
new jersey, elizabeth, vandalism, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos