New Jersey News
Day care center vandalized in Elizabeth
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Swastikas and satanic markings were found spray painted on a day care center in New Jersey.
Police are investigating it as a possible hate crime.
The founder of the "New Hope Memorial Child Care Center" in Elizabeth says the hate-filled graffiti was discovered over the weekend on the center's building and vans.
He is taking the vandalism as a threat.
"I dare not take this lightly. I take it as some type of target to me, to my church, my day care center, the community, the National Action Network, I don't know where to really put my finger on it," said Steffie Bartley, the vandalism victim.
Day care owner Steffie Bartley is also pastor of the New Hope Baptist Church.
He was also just appointed a board member of Al Sharpton's National Action Network.
He's wondering if that's why his property was targeted.
new jersey, elizabeth, vandalism, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 43 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 37 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 9 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 19 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 7 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos