New Jersey News
Day care center vandalized in Elizabeth
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Swastikas and satanic markings were found spray painted on a day care center in New Jersey.
Police are investigating it as a possible hate crime.
The founder of the "New Hope Memorial Child Care Center" in Elizabeth says the hate-filled graffiti was discovered over the weekend on the center's building and vans.
He is taking the vandalism as a threat.
"I dare not take this lightly. I take it as some type of target to me, to my church, my day care center, the community, the National Action Network, I don't know where to really put my finger on it," said Steffie Bartley, the vandalism victim.
Day care owner Steffie Bartley is also pastor of the New Hope Baptist Church.
He was also just appointed a board member of Al Sharpton's National Action Network.
He's wondering if that's why his property was targeted.
new jersey, elizabeth, vandalism, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 2 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 3 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
18 min ago