New Jersey News
Woman, parents admit roles in ex-husband's murder in New Jersey
LONG BRANCH -- A former third-grade teacher and her parents have pleaded guilty in New Jersey to their roles in the murder of her ex-husband because they were angry about the divorce decree.
Kathleen Dorsett told a judge Thursday she sent 42-year-old Stephen Moore to his death in the backyard, where her father was waiting to kill him, in 2010.
The father, Thomas, said he started an argument with his former son-in-law, then struck him in the head with a cable. Father and daughter then stuffed the body into the trunk of a car, which was burned.
Lesley Dorsett pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, admitting she plotted to kill her daughter's former mother-in-law to keep her from testifying.
The family members say they were upset they were ordered to support Moore financially.
new jersey, long branch, murder, murder for hire, new jersey news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 50 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 32 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 30 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick...
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos