New Jersey News
Woman, parents admit roles in ex-husband's murder in New Jersey
LONG BRANCH -- A former third-grade teacher and her parents have pleaded guilty in New Jersey to their roles in the murder of her ex-husband because they were angry about the divorce decree.
Kathleen Dorsett told a judge Thursday she sent 42-year-old Stephen Moore to his death in the backyard, where her father was waiting to kill him, in 2010.
The father, Thomas, said he started an argument with his former son-in-law, then struck him in the head with a cable. Father and daughter then stuffed the body into the trunk of a car, which was burned.
Lesley Dorsett pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, admitting she plotted to kill her daughter's former mother-in-law to keep her from testifying.
The family members say they were upset they were ordered to support Moore financially.
new jersey, long branch, murder, murder for hire, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos