New Jersey News
Woman, parents admit roles in ex-husband's murder in New Jersey
LONG BRANCH -- A former third-grade teacher and her parents have pleaded guilty in New Jersey to their roles in the murder of her ex-husband because they were angry about the divorce decree.
Kathleen Dorsett told a judge Thursday she sent 42-year-old Stephen Moore to his death in the backyard, where her father was waiting to kill him, in 2010.
The father, Thomas, said he started an argument with his former son-in-law, then struck him in the head with a cable. Father and daughter then stuffed the body into the trunk of a car, which was burned.
Lesley Dorsett pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, admitting she plotted to kill her daughter's former mother-in-law to keep her from testifying.
The family members say they were upset they were ordered to support Moore financially.
new jersey, long branch, murder, murder for hire, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 6 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
44 min ago