New Jersey News
Woman, parents admit roles in ex-husband's murder in New Jersey
LONG BRANCH -- A former third-grade teacher and her parents have pleaded guilty in New Jersey to their roles in the murder of her ex-husband because they were angry about the divorce decree.
Kathleen Dorsett told a judge Thursday she sent 42-year-old Stephen Moore to his death in the backyard, where her father was waiting to kill him, in 2010.
The father, Thomas, said he started an argument with his former son-in-law, then struck him in the head with a cable. Father and daughter then stuffed the body into the trunk of a car, which was burned.
Lesley Dorsett pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, admitting she plotted to kill her daughter's former mother-in-law to keep her from testifying.
The family members say they were upset they were ordered to support Moore financially.
new jersey, long branch, murder, murder for hire, new jersey news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
41 min ago