New Jersey News
Quadruple stabbing reported in Newark domestic dispute
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating a quadruple stabbing that is believed to have stemmed from some sort of domestic dispute.
Authorities say they received a report of stabbing on Maple Avenue just after 8 a.m., and responding officers found four wounded individuals, two of whom suffered life-threatening injuries.
According to preliminary information, police believe a man stabbed his girlfriend and her two children before turning the knife on himself.
All four victims have been transported to University Hospital with varying injuries.
The suspect and his girlfriend are both listed in critical condition, while the woman's 23-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter are listed in stable condition.
A third child, an 8 year-old boy, was uninjured during the incident.
The suspect is under police guard and will be charged accordingly.
new jersey, stabbing, newark, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 59 min ago
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 43 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
40 min ago