New Jersey News
Quadruple stabbing reported in Newark domestic dispute
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating a quadruple stabbing that is believed to have stemmed from some sort of domestic dispute.
Authorities say they received a report of stabbing on Maple Avenue just after 8 a.m., and responding officers found four wounded individuals, two of whom suffered life-threatening injuries.
According to preliminary information, police believe a man stabbed his girlfriend and her two children before turning the knife on himself.
All four victims have been transported to University Hospital with varying injuries.
The suspect and his girlfriend are both listed in critical condition, while the woman's 23-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter are listed in stable condition.
A third child, an 8 year-old boy, was uninjured during the incident.
The suspect is under police guard and will be charged accordingly.
new jersey, stabbing, newark, new jersey news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 48 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 10 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 30 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines