New Jersey News
Paige Aiello's body identified after found in Hudson River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police confirm a body that was found in the Hudson River on Wednesday is that of missing College of New Jersey student.
Paige Aiello was last seen April 9th.
The following post was posted on the Paige Aiello Facebook page.
"It is with a heavy heart that we report to you that the body recovered yesterday is that of Paige. We want to thank each and every one of you for never giving up hope and continuing to help try and find Paige. At this time, we ask for your continued prayers and support for Paige's family, friends and community during this most difficult time. Thank you".
Aiello, 21, was last seen by her father at approximately 1:00 p.m. on April 9 while at their home in Hillsborough.
At approximately 3:00 p.m., her mother noticed that her vehicle, a 2006 grey Audi A4, was taken without her permission and that her daughter was missing. Her parents could not reach Paige by cell phone, and around 7:45 p.m., Mr. Aiello reported her missing with the Hillsborough Township Police Department.
A Good Samaritan found Paige's purse, cell phone and car keys while she was walking on the south walkway of the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. The Good Sanitarian contacted her parents.
Hillsborough detectives then contacted the New York Police Department and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and notified them of the missing person investigation.
Later that night, law enforcement agencies searched the Hudson River in the vicinity of the George Washington Bridge as well as both levels of the bridge. Port Authority Police Department was assisted in the search by Harbor Patrol, the U.S. Coast Guard, New York Police Department Patrol and Aviation Units.
The next night, New Brunswick police found the Audi in the Gateway parking garage on Somerset Street near the train station in New Brunswick.
Aiello was a senior at TCNJ, which is located in Ewing. She was days away from her 22nd birthday when she disappeared.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 38 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
18 min ago