New Jersey News
Paige Aiello's body identified after found in Hudson River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police confirm a body that was found in the Hudson River on Wednesday is that of missing College of New Jersey student.
Paige Aiello was last seen April 9th.
The following post was posted on the Paige Aiello Facebook page.
"It is with a heavy heart that we report to you that the body recovered yesterday is that of Paige. We want to thank each and every one of you for never giving up hope and continuing to help try and find Paige. At this time, we ask for your continued prayers and support for Paige's family, friends and community during this most difficult time. Thank you".
Aiello, 21, was last seen by her father at approximately 1:00 p.m. on April 9 while at their home in Hillsborough.
At approximately 3:00 p.m., her mother noticed that her vehicle, a 2006 grey Audi A4, was taken without her permission and that her daughter was missing. Her parents could not reach Paige by cell phone, and around 7:45 p.m., Mr. Aiello reported her missing with the Hillsborough Township Police Department.
A Good Samaritan found Paige's purse, cell phone and car keys while she was walking on the south walkway of the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. The Good Sanitarian contacted her parents.
Hillsborough detectives then contacted the New York Police Department and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and notified them of the missing person investigation.
Later that night, law enforcement agencies searched the Hudson River in the vicinity of the George Washington Bridge as well as both levels of the bridge. Port Authority Police Department was assisted in the search by Harbor Patrol, the U.S. Coast Guard, New York Police Department Patrol and Aviation Units.
The next night, New Brunswick police found the Audi in the Gateway parking garage on Somerset Street near the train station in New Brunswick.
Aiello was a senior at TCNJ, which is located in Ewing. She was days away from her 22nd birthday when she disappeared.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos