New Jersey News
Child shoots child in Camden, New Jersey
CAMDEN, N.J. -- Authorities say an 11-year-old shot a 12-year-old boy in the face in Camden.
Authorities have not charged the boy who fired the weapon Friday at the Crestbury Apartments on Hunter Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says the wounded child was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
The investigation is focusing on how the children had access to the handgun and also probing whether the shooting was an accident or purposeful.
Prosecutor's Office spokesman Jason Laughlin says investigators have met with the boy who did the shooting and no charges have been filed. He says investigators want to speak with the boy who was shot, but that might not be possible for a few days.
No names have been released.
new jersey, shooting, child shot, child injured, new jersey news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 38 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 18 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 12 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
16 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
18 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
12 min ago