New Jersey News
Guns collected during buyback shredded in Jersey City
Saturday, May 11, 2013
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WABC) -- Over 500 weapons collected during Jersey City's gun buyback program were shredded Saturday morning.
The guns were collected over an 18-month period as part of the city's program known as Operation Life-Saver. The shredding was conducted by Sims Metal Management at the company's Claremont Terminal recycling facility. The buyback was held in five separate events at local churches, bringing in 309 handguns along with 218 rifles and shotguns. An additional 57 weapons that were left over from other seizures were also destroyed Saturday.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, jersey city, gun buy back, gun control, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 8 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 38 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links