New Jersey News
Drug, prostitution arrests at New Jersey senior center
ENGLEWOOD -- Authorities have arrested three people following allegations of prostitution and drug use at a senior citizen housing complex in northern New Jersey.
Authorities have charged 75-year-old James Parham and 66-year-old Cheryl Chaney with possessing drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug nuisance at the Vincente Tibbs Senior Citizen Building in Englewood.
Detective Capt. Timothy Torell tells The Record newspaper Parham also admitted providing prostitutes to some of his younger neighbors.
Police also charged 54-year-old Selma McDuffie, who has been suspended as a school crossing guard, with having a crack pipe.
Chief Arthur O'Keefe tells the newspaper residents were essentially prisoners in their own building.
The Englewood Housing Authority manages the 152-unit property, which serves the disabled and low-income residents who are 62 years and older.
new jersey, englewood, drug arrest, prostitution, new jersey news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 15 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 29 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 6 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos