New Jersey News
Drug, prostitution arrests at New Jersey senior center
ENGLEWOOD -- Authorities have arrested three people following allegations of prostitution and drug use at a senior citizen housing complex in northern New Jersey.
Authorities have charged 75-year-old James Parham and 66-year-old Cheryl Chaney with possessing drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug nuisance at the Vincente Tibbs Senior Citizen Building in Englewood.
Detective Capt. Timothy Torell tells The Record newspaper Parham also admitted providing prostitutes to some of his younger neighbors.
Police also charged 54-year-old Selma McDuffie, who has been suspended as a school crossing guard, with having a crack pipe.
Chief Arthur O'Keefe tells the newspaper residents were essentially prisoners in their own building.
The Englewood Housing Authority manages the 152-unit property, which serves the disabled and low-income residents who are 62 years and older.
new jersey, englewood, drug arrest, prostitution, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos