New Jersey News
Bomb-making materials found inside home in Roselle Park
ROSELLE PARK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a home in New Jersey where they say bomb-making materials were discovered following a traffic stop.
Authorities were on the scene overnight, reopening part of the Union County neighborhood early Wednesday after streets were blocked off around Filbert Street in Roselle Park.
The incident began with what appeared to be a routine stop over seat belts on West Westfield Avenue near the Garden State Parkway entrance ramp Tuesday afternoon. But a passenger, identified as 27-year-old Travis Dulk, was found to be in possession of a handgun with hollow-point bullets, cocaine and prescription drugs.
Authorities followed up, visiting the apartment Dulk shares with his mother. There, police reportedly found cannisters of black powder, several pieces of PVC and metal piping, disassembled firearms, high-capacity magazines and an M-4 assault weapon.
Authorities say an operational bomb could not have been constructed from those materials, but police believe if he knew what he was doing, he eventually could have made a bomb.
Dulk and his mother are said to be cooperating with police.
He is charged with unlawful possession of a weapon, unlawful possession of hollow-point ammunition and possession of cocaine and narcotics.
new jersey, roselle, bomb scare, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 39 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 33 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos