New Jersey News
Sketch released of suspect in Brick stabbing, robbery
BRICK TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for a man who robbed and stabbed a woman who had just gotten in her car, and they're hoping a sketch will help lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 10 p.m. Monday on Brick Boulevard in Brick.
The victim told police that after she entered her vehicle, a man who appeared intoxicated pulled her out of her car and put a knife to her throat. The suspect then stabbed the victim her in the side and cut her before demanding the contents of her pocket book, which included an undetermined amount of cash, medication and jewelry.
He got away, but the victim kept her wits, even under attack, to be able to give police enough of a description for them to come up with a sketch of the suspect, whom she said appeared to be drunk.The Brick Police EMS Unit and MONOC Paramedics transported the victim to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where she is listed in stable condition.
She reportedly suffered puncture wounds on her right side, several lacerations on her hand and a contusion on her head.
Zena Bolden is one of many young women who attend Star Academy, a technical school located in the complex where the attack took place."I think it's sad, we're trying to improve ourselves," said Bolden. "You have to have that fear of looking over your shoulder." Word has spread of the attack, and at least one new precaution is being taken. "The school is doing everything to protect us, they have escorts walking us to cars now," said Bolden. The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 6-feet tall, with a full beard. He was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
The subject should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Brick Township Police at (732) 262-1100.
new jersey, brick, stabbing, robbery, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 52 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013