New Jersey News
Forklift, worker swallowed in East Rutherfored sinkhole
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Officials are trying to determine what caused the floor of a northern New Jersey warehouse to open up, swallowing a forklift and the man who was running it.
Authorities say Danny Rodriguez of Bronx, N.Y., managed to escape serious injury as his forklift sank into the 6- to 10-foot deep hole Monday in the East Rutherford warehouse rented by AM Express Freight.
The hole filled with cooking oil and soy sauce that was stored in the warehouse.
The owner's property manager, Bruce Jordan, told The Record newspaper it appeared the reinforced concrete slab foundation had given way over a long-forgotten basement under the building.
new jersey, east rutherford, sinkhole, new jersey news
- Missing plane may have turned back 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 34 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
13 min ago