New Jersey News
Forklift, worker swallowed in East Rutherfored sinkhole
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Officials are trying to determine what caused the floor of a northern New Jersey warehouse to open up, swallowing a forklift and the man who was running it.
Authorities say Danny Rodriguez of Bronx, N.Y., managed to escape serious injury as his forklift sank into the 6- to 10-foot deep hole Monday in the East Rutherford warehouse rented by AM Express Freight.
The hole filled with cooking oil and soy sauce that was stored in the warehouse.
The owner's property manager, Bruce Jordan, told The Record newspaper it appeared the reinforced concrete slab foundation had given way over a long-forgotten basement under the building.
new jersey, east rutherford, sinkhole, new jersey news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 49 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos