New Jersey News
Forklift, worker swallowed in East Rutherfored sinkhole
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Officials are trying to determine what caused the floor of a northern New Jersey warehouse to open up, swallowing a forklift and the man who was running it.
Authorities say Danny Rodriguez of Bronx, N.Y., managed to escape serious injury as his forklift sank into the 6- to 10-foot deep hole Monday in the East Rutherford warehouse rented by AM Express Freight.
The hole filled with cooking oil and soy sauce that was stored in the warehouse.
The owner's property manager, Bruce Jordan, told The Record newspaper it appeared the reinforced concrete slab foundation had given way over a long-forgotten basement under the building.
new jersey, east rutherford, sinkhole, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 11 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
11 min ago