New Jersey News
New Jersey couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
BRICK (WABC) -- Two New Jersey residents accused of abusing their dog and bringing it to a Tinton Falls animal shelter were in court Monday.
Keith and Shauna Morgan were arraigned on animal cruelty charges in a Brick Township courtroom.
Keith Morgan, 56, and Shauna Morgan, 43, initially claimed they found the dog, named Sammy, in a trash bag before bringing it to the shelter in March. The pooch was covered in urine, and his fur was so matted together that he couldn't stand.
Sammy is now at a foster home with other cocker spaniels and said to be doing well.
More than 250 people packed the courtroom in support of the dog.
If convicted, the Morgans face a maximum of six months in jail and up to $1,000 fine on each count.
new jersey, animal abuse, dogs, dog, new jersey news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 45 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 32 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 42 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 15 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
32 min ago