New Jersey News
New Jersey couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
BRICK (WABC) -- Two New Jersey residents accused of abusing their dog and bringing it to a Tinton Falls animal shelter were in court Monday.
Keith and Shauna Morgan were arraigned on animal cruelty charges in a Brick Township courtroom.
Keith Morgan, 56, and Shauna Morgan, 43, initially claimed they found the dog, named Sammy, in a trash bag before bringing it to the shelter in March. The pooch was covered in urine, and his fur was so matted together that he couldn't stand.
Sammy is now at a foster home with other cocker spaniels and said to be doing well.
More than 250 people packed the courtroom in support of the dog.
If convicted, the Morgans face a maximum of six months in jail and up to $1,000 fine on each count.
new jersey, animal abuse, dogs, dog, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 46 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos