New Jersey News
New Jersey couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
BRICK (WABC) -- Two New Jersey residents accused of abusing their dog and bringing it to a Tinton Falls animal shelter were in court Monday.
Keith and Shauna Morgan were arraigned on animal cruelty charges in a Brick Township courtroom.
Keith Morgan, 56, and Shauna Morgan, 43, initially claimed they found the dog, named Sammy, in a trash bag before bringing it to the shelter in March. The pooch was covered in urine, and his fur was so matted together that he couldn't stand.
Sammy is now at a foster home with other cocker spaniels and said to be doing well.
More than 250 people packed the courtroom in support of the dog.
If convicted, the Morgans face a maximum of six months in jail and up to $1,000 fine on each count.
new jersey, animal abuse, dogs, dog, new jersey news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos