New Jersey News
Crews work to repair Bayonne water main break
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- Crews are working to repair a water main break in Bayonne, New Jersey.
A contractor doing road work Tuesday struck a 30 inch main near the intersection of Avenue E and East 52nd Street. The main is a transmission line that brings water into the city. United Water says no residents are without water and it is safe to drink, but pressure may be low. United Water crews will be working through the night to repair the main. The break happened at around 2 p.m., leading to traffic tieups in the area well into the evening. United Water doesn't expect anyone to lose water during the repairs. A spokesman says the company hopes to complete the repair work by Wednesday morning. The crew doing the road work was not connected to United Water.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, bayonne, water main break, new jersey news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 30 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links