New Jersey News
Crews work to repair Bayonne water main break
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- Crews are working to repair a water main break in Bayonne, New Jersey.
A contractor doing road work Tuesday struck a 30 inch main near the intersection of Avenue E and East 52nd Street. The main is a transmission line that brings water into the city. United Water says no residents are without water and it is safe to drink, but pressure may be low. United Water crews will be working through the night to repair the main. The break happened at around 2 p.m., leading to traffic tieups in the area well into the evening. United Water doesn't expect anyone to lose water during the repairs. A spokesman says the company hopes to complete the repair work by Wednesday morning. The crew doing the road work was not connected to United Water.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, bayonne, water main break, new jersey news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 37 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links