New Jersey News
Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
ELMWOOD PARK (WABC) -- Elmwood Park School District placed schools on lockdown on Thursday morning after an apparent threat.
Elmwood Park Memorial High School and Middle School were both placed on lockdown after 10:00 a.m.
Officials said as a precautionary measure all Saddle Brook schools were also placed in lockdown for a brief period of time.
Elmwood Park police had received information regarding a threat made to the high school, officials said in a statement.
The threat was isolated to Elmwood Park Memorial High School.
The high school and the middle school remained locked down until dismissal time.
Police say the students were always safe and keeping the school on lockdown until dismissal was done as a precaution.
No students were injured. No arrests have been made, but it remains under investigation.
No further details were released.
new jersey, elmwood park, school lockdown, new jersey news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 50 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 6 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 12 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
38 min ago