New Jersey News
Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
ELMWOOD PARK (WABC) -- Elmwood Park School District placed schools on lockdown on Thursday morning after an apparent threat.
Elmwood Park Memorial High School and Middle School were both placed on lockdown after 10:00 a.m.
Officials said as a precautionary measure all Saddle Brook schools were also placed in lockdown for a brief period of time.
Elmwood Park police had received information regarding a threat made to the high school, officials said in a statement.
The threat was isolated to Elmwood Park Memorial High School.
The high school and the middle school remained locked down until dismissal time.
Police say the students were always safe and keeping the school on lockdown until dismissal was done as a precaution.
No students were injured. No arrests have been made, but it remains under investigation.
No further details were released.
new jersey, elmwood park, school lockdown, new jersey news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 58 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 13 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy