New Jersey News
Trial date set in New Jersey animal cruelty case
Saturday, May 25, 2013
NEWARK (WABC) -- A trial date has been set for the woman charged in a case of cruelty to a pit bull in New Jersey.The Essex County prosecutor's office said Friday that a trial has been set for July 9 for 29-year old Kisha Curtis of Newark She is accused of tying the dog to the railing in her former Newark apartment building, then leaving the state for more than a week in 2011. The dog was later found near death in a plastic bag at the bottom of a trash chute. Curtis is not accused of placing the dog in the chute. She has denied the charges against her and rejected a plea offer. The dog, known as Patrick, survived. Images of his emaciated body and subsequent recovery inspired an international outpouring of support.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, newark, animal abuse, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 31 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 35 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 24 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos