New Jersey News
1 dead in wrong-way crash on Route 3 in Clifton
CLIFTON (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly wrong-way car accident in New Jersey Sunday night.
The two-car collision happened in the eastbound lanes of Route 3, near Bloomfield Avenue, in Clifton just before midnight.
An 80-year-old driver was killed.
Police say a 2000 GMC Yukon operated by a 44-year-old Nutley resident was traveling west in the eastbound lanes when it struck a 1983 Chevy head on.
The Chevy was being operated by an 80-year-old Rutherford resident who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the GMC sustained serious injuries after being ejected from her vehicle and was transported to St Joseph's Hospital for treatment.
The crash is currently under investigation by the Clifton Police Traffic Division and the Passaic County Prosecutors Office.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police.
The roadway reopened after being shut for four hours overnight.
new jersey, clifton, accident, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 6 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 19 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 16 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos