New Jersey News
1 dead in wrong-way crash on Route 3 in Clifton
CLIFTON (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly wrong-way car accident in New Jersey Sunday night.
The two-car collision happened in the eastbound lanes of Route 3, near Bloomfield Avenue, in Clifton just before midnight.
An 80-year-old driver was killed.
Police say a 2000 GMC Yukon operated by a 44-year-old Nutley resident was traveling west in the eastbound lanes when it struck a 1983 Chevy head on.
The Chevy was being operated by an 80-year-old Rutherford resident who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the GMC sustained serious injuries after being ejected from her vehicle and was transported to St Joseph's Hospital for treatment.
The crash is currently under investigation by the Clifton Police Traffic Division and the Passaic County Prosecutors Office.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police.
The roadway reopened after being shut for four hours overnight.
new jersey, clifton, accident, new jersey news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 51 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 51 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays 13 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 1 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 27 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 25 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service 30 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos