New Jersey News
Woman killed when fire breaks out in Ramsey home
RAMSEY (WABC) -- One woman was killed in an early-morning house fire in New Jersey Wednesday.
The 47-year-old, identified as Sallie Brady was found on couch in the living room of the home on Talina Court in Ramsey just after 5:45 a.m.
She was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, where she was pronounced dead.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen possibly from a faulty dishwasher and was apparently simmering for some time, and the cause is under investigation. It is not believed to be suspicious.
Firefighters struggled with the closet hydrant, but still knocked down the flames in 15 minutes.
Firefighters also had trouble finding the house because of the thick fog overnight.
A dog in the house was rescued.
new jersey, ramsey, fire, deadly fire, new jersey news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos